PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 16:50
jayc004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carmoisine

It seems to me that people that come on here and moan about Ryanair are afraid of hard work. You are trying to tell me that sitting on your ass for 6 hours a day, doing 4 sectors is hard. The only hard bit about it is the turn arounds, and even I on line training am not really finding that an issue.
I know that the money is crap. We all agree on that, and i know that they treat you like crap. There is no escaping that, but i came into this company and job with my eyes wide open. I knew what they were about, and as much as the early mornings and the home each night only make you more tierd, its a job, and it is the first step on the ladder.
There is enough information on this website and enough pilots that work for the company for no one to have any excuse to say "I didnt know it was going to be this hard", and if you dont do your home work, then quite frankly more fool you.
As for the hours thing, every captain and FO I have spoken to is moaning again about the hours that they are doing. All the safety pilots and all the captains have hit there 100 hours.
It seems you can never win. If you are given a standby day, people moan because they are on standby and not getting sector pay, and when they are called in, all they do is moan because they are working.
Like i said before. The company is not great, but my personal opinion is I am there to do a job, I am not afriad of hard work, and everyone has to start somewhere. (And i know Ryanair play on this, but they gave me a job, and hours on type..........)