PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas flight flies without emergency oxygen
Old 25th Mar 2007, 16:30
Sinbad1

Wink bizarre situation

The thing I found surprising is not the fact that the O2 bottle has been installed with the SOV left in the closed position or having right or left hand thread, but the series of the events that have taken place following the installation of the bottle. For example, why the engineer did not check the ECAM and carry out verification of the QTY displayed?? was the installation procedure carried out as per the MM?? normally it requires functional check and the MM reference to complete the paper work.
After the aircraft left the hangar was the Daily check carried out?? That would have been required either in the hangar or on the line. I am sure the O2 check is on the daily sheet and I am even more than sure it is on the pre-departure check list which has to be performed by the flight crew prior to departure. Also, what baffled me the most is how could the Capt and the FO miss looking at the Door/Oxy page??? I think QAN.. ..TAS airline should carry out their own investigation to find out what had lead to this unusual error. I would be very interested to read the flight crew version. My comments are obviously based on what has been posted on this forum. If it is true of course and not rumours......