PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 12:46
BHMvictim

So why would you say on the other thread:

Quote:
"Thanks for the tip. I will, however, continue to travel up the pointy end with all the wite collars with their worldly outlook on life.... though personaly, I will stick to being polite to the flight attendant!"

You think of Pilots of white collar workers. Which do you really think, WHITE or BLUE.
uhhhhh because as far as I know, not everyone that flies Business class is a pilot.

Pilots are productive, so they are blue collar. A white collar worker doesn't really do any physically orientated work, rather, they facilitate blue collars.

The fact of the matter here, aside from all that, is that employees are fed up with being pushed around by militant management. Qantas keeps crying poor when in fact, they are doing quite well thank you very much. First 9/11, then SARS, then oil prices. Qantas excelled whilst other airlines fell. Staff took a pay freeze. It was not JUST Dixon that got us through the "hard times", it was every employee.

So it is an insult to employees when they are being bullied and pushed around harder than ever, whilst those at the top pat themselves on the back with wads of $100 notes.

Is it justified? Depends on the shirt you wear! White or blue. (metaphorically speaking).

Employees are fed up. They are leaving at a rate higher than ever. Will this hurt Qantas? Probably not. All the more justification to ship jobs overseas. When there is nobody left to fill the vacancies, they will pull out the old sob story

"We just can't attract people to the industry".

Correct.... you can't attract half decent employees if you are not willing to pay them fairly and look after them.

Simple as that.

If you wear a "blue shirt", it's bad news. If you wear a "white shirt", here comes another bonus!