PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Pilot Shortage is coming!!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2007, 10:19
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Geeeze! Richie,

Flies in the face of logic doesn't it.

Apparently the reason for advertising outside of staff CV is to be able to get a better appreciation of candidates by having them produce their own CV's and Resume's, rather than the sterile fill in the box method currently used! Sounds a bit thin?

As for more money, I reckon they'll be parking aeroplanes before management get the message, and even then they probably wont allow themselves to face it.

I think their conventional wisdom is that no matter what they pay, you will still not be able to compete with the larger jet operator, so why offer anything? That may be true in some instances, but we are now seeing people depart, (Very experienced, very senior and very settled) for what they believe are greener pastures.

Hell, I've even thought of it, and I actually love my job! The reality of course is that It just doesn't pay enough, especially living in Sydney.

The introduction of a reasonable incentive bonus would probably encourage many (self included) to stay on.

The developements over the coming year, and the answers to these vexing questions will be very interesting.