PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lean and/or Pulse. Are they producing the goods?
Old 25th Mar 2007, 09:20
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
1982 First Minor servicings on Tornados, aircraft came to end of minor cant go out , no spares, answer lets rob. When all the robs were exhausted lets extend the minors, can't do that says the management we will bring your next aircraft in a day early you can rob that, then it was two days then three and four. We then had a static minor line with jets sitting around waiting to get to the top of the priotity list for spares, de ja vu or what. St Athan 16FI wing change programme and Tornado Majors, exactlty the same except there we had a few aircraft in storage that were stripped of every part possible to attempt to keep up. In those days there was not a civvie in site manageing these programmes, ahh I here you say the numpties in blue that made the decisions then are now out with nice fat pensions and well paid jobs and could care less and the Lean process that the MOD applied incorrectly has now backfired as well. I think some people are doing the civvie maintenance teams a dis-service, even though I agree that some of the BAES management have not grasped that maintenance is vastly different to design, development, production and CWP work.