PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lean and/or Pulse. Are they producing the goods?
Old 24th Mar 2007, 23:01
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
If pulse/lean/civilianisation/BAES is responsible for all the personnel leaving the RAF and for aircraft sitting in the maintenance hangars with no spares to finish the maintenance, could I ask what on earth the blue suit chaps did to all the spares that it is implied we had lots of before the civvies took over. Oh I know the civvies pinched them and sold them of so the shareholders could afford another posh nosh.
On second thoughts maybe they told the MOD/Government that if they reduce the manpower and if give us the contracts for maintenenance we will employ them, and at the same time reduce the forces costs by not actually producing aircraft as there is not enough people left to use them. Win win all around in the MOD /Government/Civvy companies books. Ah but hark I keep hearing that the maintenance is being carried out by people who do not know what they are doing and it is all lean and the civvies fault, so where are all the ex service personnel and the spares, its a mystery.