PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 6
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2007, 14:30
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ref. 'Mr P'
I don't work at NCL & as such do not have an 'axe to grind' one way or another. What I will say is that I have been around a long time and noted his arrival in 2002 with hope, that given Mr P's track record at BRS in Loco route development that that such experience could be used to drive NCL forward. Before his arrival, then what did we have ? virtually zero 'Loco', Go operated to STN, and I can recall very little else. His appointment followed a period of unparallel expansion, & if it he was to be judged on route development alone then the guy is virtually untouchable in the history of NCL. But as with everything there are clearly downsides as much debate can be had as to the ability of the infra structure & resource to keep up with this explosive growth. But then is that his fault? funding and timescales for significant capital projects can take years and is ultimately the sanction of the shareholders.
I haven't a clue as to what the guy has done, but I note that he isn't 'in jail', more likely to be down to political correctness, and oportunism from some of those that he has upset in forcing through the necessary if uncomfortable changes to working practices.
What also needs to be also be noted that back in 2002 the differential between NCL & MME was nothing like it is now in pax no.'s & route availability, possibly one should take the view that it is extremely fortunate that back in 2002 that there was not a place for him 'down the road' as it is possible that things may have turned out very different. Please note that I have never met or spoken to Mr P and this view is merely one of a frequent user, & who is extremely proud of what has been achieved at NCL over the years. If previous history is anything to by then Mr P is going to be a hard act to follow.