PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British KLM pilots to ballot for stike action
Old 24th Mar 2007, 11:04
ooizcalling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going too far ? . . . " No way josé !"

ray cosmic, If you re-read my post you should realise I am not in any way commenting about what the KLM flight accademy did or did not do. It was only refering to the FACT that those recruited into KLM mainline about 9 months AFTER those recruited into KLM via the regional division KLc were placed over two years AHEAD of their colleagues who were recuited BEFORE them. Get it ? That's discrimination, the same as the UK guys are trying to deal with at the moment ! Whether it was a 'nail biting' time whilst the second group waited has nothing to do with it.
Are you seriously trying to tell me that just because all of them in the group I described now have a good long term career ahead of them in KLM that discrimination at the beginning of that career, or at any other time for that matter, is acceptable ? I hope not, but that's what it comes over like. You didn't give one word of explanation as to why this blatantly discriminatiory practice is acceptable ! Not one word !
I was only using it to empasise the point that discrimination has been practised in VNV/KLM negitiations for a long time. It rears its ugly head again in the treatment of the UK guys (& gals).
The KLc pilots had to run this 'selection proceedure' gauntlet before, so it's just history repeating itself. The earlier KLc guys had to wait 8 years (then reduced to 6) before being able to transfer (& Please also note I am refering to KLc and not to the earlier NLM integration). But first it was the Psycho tests, Sim checks and Interviews. Then if after this they were deemed suitable, they could apply for the next vacancy in KLM but, of course, loose half their seniority in the process.
This is discrimination ! If the KLc Check and Training organisation, set up by seconded KLM pilots to the very same RLD rules and regulations they were subject to. If they couldn't weed out the incompetents or below standard pilots (if there were any), then it's a reflection on KLM not KLc. The one and only purpose of this so called 'selection proceedure' was to minimise the number of pilots transfering from KLc and thus enhance the career prospects of KLM pilots at their expense. Amongst the KLc group were pilots with 10,000 hrs plus in a wide variety of aircraft, F50 to 747's, in world wide operations.
To have these people in the KLM experience base is to enhance to whole body !
LIKEWISE, The UK guys should be welcomed into the KLM fold as what they are; A highly experienced and professional group of pilots. To subject them to the so called 'selection proceedure' is blatant discrimination !