PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would I be Eligible for AF Aircrew?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 23:13
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HW

I think PN knows his stuff when it comes to this however, if you get to Cranwell and pass the aptitude scores for Pilot and everything else, and the most important thing to you is being in the Air Force? and, you may be just borderline age, then at least you have an in-road later, should you be offered another branch. (gents help me out with the upper limit once we are in pse!)

I passed pilot, nav and everything else bar INTO due to eyesight as a 35 SNCO. I was commissioned in branch but was told that apart from being a little bit blind, and a little bit long in the tooth I might have been considered 10 years before to go pilot! ....never mind, we can but dream, regardless of age.

The point I want to make is that they may still consider you but, obviously like every employer and considered to the young blood and future prospects of the RAF they have got to consider their best option.

The bottom line is you won't know unless you have a crack...and you have to do that!

Good luck young man but please watch out for all the government sponsored yes men that want to be promoted before looking after their troops.

SA