PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 20:55
Ron Fenest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greenie,

I was as surprised as you are about to be when I learned today that there are a lot of officers out there that did not progress to middle rate flying pay until after 4 years as an A/C Comd (5-6 years from flying trg), meaning they will not be affected by the "revised" rules. Basically I spoke to 3 different DE Officers in different departments that all said the same thing so I'm (probably wrongly) assuming this is the case for many others. I should add that these people don't work at DAAvn so there wasn't a party line to be seen.

Personally I haven't even seen the list, nobody in my CoC has mentioned it to me. Can anyone tell me if the list also has DE officers on it ? I'm only asking to see if this problem is confined to NCO/LE aircrew. If so then maybe the people making the decisions won't feel so guilty. If I am right then it would logically mean that ex-Cpl pilots and those taking a long time to achieve A/C Comd satus will be worst hit. I'm not suggesting for one second that it's fair but if this is the case then it will be harder to defend.

Can anyone correct me ?