PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Overseas.
Thread: Job Overseas.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 18:58
cpnkirk59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Your Solution.

The solution to your problem involves getting "sponsored" by an employer in the country to whick you want to work. The Europeans till recently have not been willing to take US citizens as pilots due to the lack of "right to work" in the EU (i.e. being a citizen or married to a citizen in one of the participating countries). Ryan Air in Ireland has started to sponsor US citizens with a right to work visa and six month waivers for their JAR license (they are looking for 737 ng rated guys). I have a friend from my defunct major US carrier helping furloughed pilots get on at Ryan and has himself become a check airman in a very sort time. From my research there are lots of airbus jobs world wide that are not being filled for lack of pilots wanting to go fly in third world nations. Try some of the websites that cater to crew management services or job listings, i.e. Rishworth, PARCaviation.com,flightglobal.com, flightdeckrecruitment.com. They list jobs all over the world and many air bus jobs. Additional crew management companies I've seen, have listed jobs on avianation.com and climbto350.com; both of which list primarily US based jobs, but often have jobs listed by international crew management companies. Once you've found a job that you might have skills for, apply for it and push for right to work sponsorship if you need it. Even some of the American companies are sponsoring foriegn born pilots when they "need" someone.

RP