PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 18:47
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this might be one for the Herc Inquest. I re-read the BoI carefully the other day, it does appear that foam was requested to be considered fleet-wide but this appears to have been watered down. I have a day set aside to talk with the investigating officer. If anyone can provide any info between now and the 30th it would be greatly appreciated.

I was also told the other day that the Nimrod was brought down by a fuel tank explosion. I consider the lack of fuel tank protection in RAF aircraft to be a scandal. I will continue to pressurise the likes of Glenn Torpy, who is happy to send crews to war without fuel tank protection until he stops talking about his favourite toys and actually does something about it.

More PQs I love the title of this one, Peace Keepin Operations. I was told a couple of months ago that this BoI was complete and was with the MOD Lawyers. Could be wrong but Mr Ingram is spinning for Britain at the moment.

Afghanistan: Peace Keeping Operations

Mr. Hancock: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what the timetable is for the (a) reporting and (b) publication of the Board of Inquiry report into the destruction of the Hercules Aircraft on a landing strip in Afghanistan; and if he will make a statement. [124205]

Mr. Ingram: The Board of Inquiry continues to work to determine the cause of this event. The findings of the Board will be released as soon as possible after conclusion of the inquiry; a redacted copy of the report will be made available on the MOD website.