PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Revalidation (5-10 years out)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 17:42
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL Revalidation (5-10 years out)

Hi Folks,

First off let me say a hello to the community as I am a "long time listener first time caller". Secondly, let me apologize in advance if this has already been dealt with in other posts.

I got my good old (pre JAA) UK PPL back in 1998 and I've barely flow since (I've been a career student for most of the last decade), the last flight in my logbook was in 1999. After years an years of wanting to do so and some flirtation with gliding, I've got the opportunity to commit aviation once again.

Does anybody have any sense of what hoops I might be expected to jump through to get my PPL revalidated?

I'm not fully up on the requirements (I hear my old PPL is better than the JAA PPL) and the relevent paragraph in LASORS is rather abrupt and unhelpful. Does anyone around here have any similar experiences or useful links?

I'm living in the US, but I managed to come across a tremedously helpful ex-pat instructor nearby who believes I can just shoot down to florida, get my CAA medical (there's a few approved docs around) and do a few hours at a CAA approved flight school (e.g. Ormond or Naples). My plan is to get my UK ticket revalidated then pop to my local FSDO and get a restricted FAA one issued on the basis of that.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Gareth.