PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol charges
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 16:59
FullyFlapped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bose-x
It does not matter what his departure clearance was! The flight was at 18:13 which is after official sunset and so automatically becomes an IFR flight. As a result of weight the aircraft becomes eligible for enroute charging.

Rustle replied ...

Sorry bose, you have missed the point.
This isn't a thread about whether he is or is not IFR, as patently he is if he is flying at night in the UK
What it is about is enroute charging, and how those charges are (rightly or wrongly) incurred.
Bose-X and Rustle,

You're both absolutely correct, but this isn't what I was getting at. I was really trying to get him to remember the wording of his clearance, because every time I have flown out of Liverpool, their clearance phraseology clearly states if the departure is VFR ("cleared to leave the zone VFR via Kirby not above 1500'" etc etc) - and this goes for (I think) every other class D airport I have flown out of in the UK - as an aside, is there a standard for this stuff ?

My point being, obviously, if he didn't hear those magical letters "VFR", he could expect the flight to be logged as IFR, and to wait for the invoice to hit the carpet ...

FF