PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wideroe Pilot Quits due to security checkpoint hassles
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 16:26
Francis Frogbound
The One Your Mother Warned You About

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to earlier posts about the intimacy of the searches carried out: I regularly fly with a lady P2 who is one of the funniest people it has ever been my pleasure to meet. Normally she passes on some humerous quip to me as we leave the nightmare of security behind. Two weeks ago we left security and dashed for the aircraft because the hold up had been longer than normal. Sitting in the cockpit awaiting pax she was quiet and subdued. It wasn't until we got to our hotel that night that she finally admitted she felt she had been sexually abused as she was searched that morning. She described the search and I agree with her it went way too far.

A formal complaint has been filed by our company with the airport involved. The searcher is still working (apparently not suspended during an investigation) Whenever our pilot flies now her colleagues make sure they can see her at all times during the search process. I have no reason to doubt this lady. She has been a great workmate for some time. The way her whole demenour changed that day makes me believe her even more. I may have my scissors/bottle of Evian/dignity removed daily but to use this ridiculous situation as a gropers charter makes it even worse.

FF