PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 15:36
MajorYaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEWSFLASH - CTC is not Integrated?

Interesting snippet of info from a current CTC-er that states:

"We were recently given a speech by the head of training out here and it seems that after all the confusion and hoo-ha I found out that my CP course is not integrated, but part of the original modular syllabus. What difference this will make to my destination airline is probably quite minimal, as I still thing CTC is still the best training organisation in terms of getting a job afterwards. Its all been really frustrating as nobody seemed to understand what was going on out here, including the NZ staff, but at least now its all been sorted and confirmed as modular. At the end of the day, I still wanted to undertake my flying training with CTC and the whole integrated course was really just a bonus."

This guy's blog is http://flyingtraining.*************/ and he's been out there since Xmas 2006.

Now, if I remember correctly, CTC were marketing the course as integrated, yet apparently it isn't.

Would anyone with experience care to comment? What are the implications for trainees i.e. I hear that some airlines do not take pilots from modular courses (partner airlines not incuded) so could a CTC trainee be disadvantaged later in their career? etc...