PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - X Gulf Air Pilot Wins Out of Court Settlement Over Contract
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 15:31
Desert_Storm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This housing issue is getting us all crazy. I clearly remember when I made my assessment on 2005, Mr. Alan Mansel told us that single guys were entitled for a suitable accomodation comprised of a minimum of two bedrooms according to their HARD FURNISHING STANDARDS. Married guys were entitled for the same but the accomodation had to have at least three bedrooms an all that. Well, it turned out to be a bunch of lies since GF have no accomodations available and the reason why is because the prices in Bahrain has rose dramatically in part due to the american navy base guys; but this guys (GF) are not idiots so after you sign your contract you realise that evidently, GF has to provide a "suitable accomodation" but nothing is written about if it has to have two or three bedrooms, just has to be suitable; I wonder what is suitable for them?. Everytime one go to Mr. Tarikīs office, they say they have nothing and that you have to look for your own accomodation and on top of that, you have to put money out of your own pocket, some 300 or 400 BD (an extra 1.000 U.S dollars as an average out of your own pocket).
The thing is that GF HAS TO PROVIDE THEIR PILOTS WITH ACCOMODATION BECAUSE IT IS THE KINGDOMīS LAW (it isnīt that GF is being nice with us) and not only that, the DGCAM OMAN requires that this accomodation have to comply with some minimum standards as follows: it has to be quite, well illuminated and spacious. As we all already found, GF has nothing available so far and this situation have been happening also due to all of us as well; why we all rush into renting villas as soon as we get in Bahrain?; think this is why they are so relaxed in the housing department; why donīt we let them struggle to find properties?
About who will sue the company; well, personally I woudn't do that while flying for GF; you might win this one but at the end, they'll make your life miserable for sure but this is my personal opinion. Maybe if finally we all decide to get together and make a strong arm, maybe we can get something better, I donīt know.