PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying when pregnant
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 14:20
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX Wombat you had me in stitches
It is so true!!

I have to say these have been a challenging 9 months which I am hoping will finish soon, but at the same time have been by far the most beautiful months of my life! Despite the worries that baby was healthy like any woman would probably have it's been the funniest time of my 27 years, pregnancy can do crazy things to you mentally and physically, and if any of my friends asked my opinion I would definitely tell them that I had never thought you could reach such a high level of intimacy with your man, when intimacy itself takes several new aspects (I will spare you the details which I am sure you know well )

It's true girls should take Aunt Ethel's advice and Aunt Flo's stories with a pinch of salt, I had never experienced anything as natural as pregnancy and I am amazed every day at what my body can do! I have also managed to ignore all the "terrifying" birth stories, I just cannot wait to try it myself so, whatever happens, provided I am still alive afterwards I can then spread some good vibes around

I totally agree with you about aspirin and about medicines in general
Changing the subject a little, there was rarely a day while I was flying that I did not see one of the crew take some sort of painkiller, from paracetamol to other stronger NSAIDs for headaches etc and I have seen many crew diagnose things to themselves when they should have seen a doctor instead!! I also have friends who would take painkillers for any discomfort, I do not know if my pain threshold is much higher than other people's but normally I would take some paracetamol only if in a lot of pain, and maybe that's why it always seems to work at the lowest doses!

Justinzider did you solve the situation of your wife with the company?
FBW xx