PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 21:57
Sal-e

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not get me wrong, colleagues. I'm all for improvements. All I'm saying is I knew what I was getting into before arriving. Inevitably, there were a couple of minor surprises but nothing that really threw me off. No, I'm not one to be taken for a ride by anybody, and I'm not going for the employee of the month award, but I also don't look around me too much to make comparisons, conclusions and draw judgements. Gulf Air has treated me how I expected to be treated. And I'm glad to say that for the most part, it has been pleasant. I've been warned beforehand of a lot of things so conditioning may have had something to do with it. Yes, I agree that the two biggest issues worth focusing on are housing and schooling allowances. Once again, I was very aware of those inadequacies and was hoping a few unfortunate resignations (which have occurred) would jolt the companies senses. I believe improvements in those areas are forthcoming.
The point is a lot of allowances are made before one takes employment with Gulf Air (or any airline for that matter). There comes a point where things improve (or collapse entirely) and it takes a good eye to spot telling signs. I hope I've joined Gulf Air at one of those times.

Last edited by Sal-e; 23rd Mar 2007 at 12:54.