PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - LGW
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 21:54
newbagr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys lets be honest.....i work for LGW SF and its kinda obvious that those routes will now go and who knows what they will replace them with! if they replace them of course! they dont have to...they can just cancel other domestic and shorthaul routes or reduce frequency of a New York from 11 to 9 a day and then bring more routes to LHR! there is rumours that MIA will come to LGW and IAH will be the first one to go to LHR! quite honestly i dont believe MIA will come to LGW! Things are changing at LGW thats for sure and there will be a lot of uncertainty for staff at LGW its a break or make point! it could be the start of a pure beach fleet with just holiday destinations or nothing! anything is possible i am afraid now! As willie walsh has shown in the past with other parts of the company, he can take very brave decisions without caring much about his employees lives! Well if routes go and transfer to LHR there will be need for more crew at LHR so it could be that transfers will start from LGW who knows.....the possibilities are endless and completely unpredictable!