PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bridging Course Hours??????
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 20:22
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We haven't heard anything about the requirements dropping to 1500hrs total, I'm afraid.

You need to read LASORS very carefully if you are on the edge of qualifying. I haven't a copy in front of me but, from memory, you need 2000hrs in military aircraft and 1500 PIC (fixed wing) or P1(rotary). Of the 1500 hours 500 can be made up of P1/US and sim (I'll need to check that last bit).

The FAQs are:

Q. Can I start before I hit the hours totals?
A. Difficult to say. LASORS don't say when you need the hours except you evidently must have them at the point of licence issue. Our view is that you must be at least in spitting distance of the totals so that, when you finish your groundschool you should have the hours. No, we haven't asked the CAA.

Q. Can I fudge my hours with taxy times?
A. No. These are logged military hours.

Q. I have a mix of fixed wing and rotary that exceeds the totals but I don't qualify for either. What can I do?
A. E-mail the CAA at [email protected] and make your case. They usually let you take the bridging exams that pertain to your current job, fixed wing or rotary.

Q. I'm a QSP(H). I want both rotary and fixed wing licences, what do I do?
A. Do the military bridging (H), get the license issued, then bridge again from CPL(H) or ATPL(H) to ATPL(A) by taking P of F(A), Performance and another bridging exam - this time a CAA paper.