PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 18:04
Aiskilus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Tips

Charlene85,

Welcome to this thread, here in Manila we have agency affiliated with Emirates. They hire monthly. I sent them an email and told that I already have the application number and they told me that even if I applied online it would be advisable for me to visit the agency for initial screening. I think it's a good strategy to avoid crowd congestion during open day. This forum is very helpful. I would suggest you to have the patience to read the thread from the start. I have asked some tips about what EK is looking for and look at how this forum has gone far. Believe you me, there are plenty of nice people in this forum who are willing to share their unique experience. As for me, my life has been cenetered around preparing for my second attempt since I failed my first application to EK. I have learned that in any job, 'attitude' is more important than anything else. Most airline company would also look for three elements to determine if the person is suitable or not. They are Eligibility, Suitablility and Specific Requirements. As regards to the interview, I agree with Username1, I think the recruiters will look for people who enjoy and confident in having conversation with the passengers. Most people say 'just be yourself' and I strongly agree with that as well... Just be positive and friendly... and always give them a sincere SMILE. Your answers should have a format as well especially if asked a hypothetical question. Follow the STAR format... know the SITUATION-what is the TASK-ACTION taken/done and the RESULT. Present yourself in very graceful way, consider a good posture, positive body language and practise the essence of team work with your colleagues. I wish I could do all this in my second attempt, too. Good luck to all of you out there. I hope I'll see you guys in the skies, someday.

Another tip: The highlighted words are key skills and strenghts... value them. Goodluck

▲iskilus