PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 17:52
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SALE - here is the issue. You can comment/complain about the company yet still enjoy the job and be loyal. A good employee is NOT one who blindly says 'all is well'.
I enjoy my job and I love living in Bahrain. I do take issue with the housing allowance especially now that some are getting special treatment (ie more money).
I certainly take issue with some of the favoritism shown although it doesn't affect me greatly - so far as I can tell.

I take GREAT issue with pilots getting bumped off the flight on their leave tickets. In fact our contract states we get 52 days of leave yet they force us to take it in 2 blocks (you cannont effectively bid it in one block). In this case we should be supplied TWO leave tickets home yet instead we get only one to our home and a second to a GF destination. Now I would be happy with the 2nd to a GF destination yet we cannot get a confirmed seat on ANY of the tickets. Sorry - but I am gonna complain load and far on that one.
There are more issues but I think my point is simple.

We can like it here yet still complain. In fact, the way GF is structured, complaining (constructively), to management is the ONLY way to get things done. It takes our dept head a lot of work to get the other depts to 'buck' up.

The packages elsewhere in the GUlf, Europe and Asia are far superior to that at GF and so people are walking. Good on 'em. GF runs its business - well - like a business (though I would say they do it poorly, but hey). They will keep costs and salaries down if they can. A pilot, like any good business, will move his skill to where he can get the most in return. He, and all of us, act like any good business does and we attempt to maximize our profits. There is NO shame in that!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't walk the planet with rose coloured glasses. GF has issues (especially those that they are legally obligated to follow) that have to be resolved. GF expects me to live up to the contract (and bond) and I expect them to do the same - and to be frank they are not doing that (which is why guys are jumping ship early and will win any legal battle that arises). And that, my respectful friend, is not to much to ask for.

Last edited by Trader; 22nd Mar 2007 at 18:04.