PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Fat to Fight!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 14:34
SaddamsLoveChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wader, no personal agenda here, just amazed that it is going to fall to Flt Cdrs to ensure their troops are given time to conduct 3 periods of trg, mandated to be 50 mins (the big man said it). What incentive is there to get everyone through versus the incentive of not achieving my operational support task. My troops are already working extended hrs in support of the front line and some eating lunch at their desks.

I believe, and I am willng to be corrected in my belief that a Stn Cdr would rather have a question asked about his fitness stats rather than why he did not achieve his mandated flying hrs or put the right aircraft in the right place at the right time, ergo his troops are fit to the stations task.

PTL's = litigation nightmare and an additional burden on an individual and is infact IMHO an abrogation of the PT branches responsibility. It is obvious that if the Gym staffs and PTL's are to get everyone through then the question has to be asked, are the facilities up to the challenge?

I dont want to deploy with unfit people but there has to be a realistic target and like the OFT I dont think this is it. You tell me of one person who has been returned from an OOA becasue they were unfit physically for the task.