PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructing/Airline flying (FTL,s)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 11:27
wheatools

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why are all 'hour builders' such bad FI's?

Hello,

Why is it that some see that all FI's who have the ambition for a different part of the industry, e.g. the airlines, make such poor instructors who deserve to be treated (and paid) pretty poorly my many schools?

I agree there are always exceptions to the rule, but all of my past and present colleagues who have moved on to (or are seeking to) other parts of the industry have only ever had the best intentions for their students and have passed their knowledge on passionately and professionally for the good of the student and therefore the school. Just beacause they have their own career ambition certainly does not make them a poor quality instructor!

If the other issue pointed out is they only stay with a school for a short period of time then i think this is a direct result of the poor pay conditions. Most FI's (myself included) love instructing and would gladly spend a longer period of our careers doing so... if it was possible to feed our families and pay the mortgage without having to work 2 jobs (such as I do).

Most 'hour builder' FI's are worth just as much to their students as career FI's so why cant we be treated fairly?

just my 2 cents worth!