PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 380 (Merged)
Thread: A 380 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 10:26
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parabellum,
The A380 was intended as a B747 replacement with similar market share but that replacement is the B777 with all it's variants and those Airbus 340 that can compete. The A380 will never exceed fifty aircraft in any one company, unlike the B747-400 which exceeded 40 to 50 in quite a few companies.

The A380 is a dead duck and may well take Airbus down with it.
All I can say is 'hopeful' nonsense! The American carriers don't want/can't afford it. The rest of the world does. I've seen the traffic on the Europe/Far East routes. Look at the traffic through Singapore/Hong Kong! Assuming no great recession, all the European majors need it for their Far East routes and Atlantic prime services. The Far East majors also for those routes, and trans-Pacifics. There IS a market there- Boeing are developing the 747-800 for it! But the A380 will have the added cachet. See how the opposition flying whacked out 767s and 777s (I think the A340 will fade away) will fare then!

Thank you for re-quoting your words. I hope they will be flung back in your face in a few years!