PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 23:42
crj705

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hotel is undergoing some renovation. Its only on floors 12-14 right not. Not too much of a problem but you can hear them when they start with the jackhammer about 10 am each day. There are some rooms that have internet, but you have to ask for them. Its 1000 yen per day, but if you join their prince club, i am told that it is free. I also went out and bought a wireless router, so more people can share the connection....

The only "off" days are on weekends...However, there are lots of "blank days" throught your training period. We did the class on Air Law last week, and this whole week has been blank days...ie off. Its not near as intense and I first suspected, but I am studying on my own...Our law exam is monday...

Its a mixed class of AJX / AJV. There are 8 AJX and 4 AJV in the class. I am not sure of the AJV makeup but AJX is 7 Captains, 1 FO (me). We also have 2 guys that are already typed, and they run on an accelerated schedule..

At some point we are told that some current guys flying the line will come to meet us and talk to us about commuting and living arrangements. Hopefully we will get a clearer picture then.