PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NATS Application FORM
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 23:41
AJMcC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The NATS Application FORM

I'm in the process of completing my application form for NATS for a position as a trainee ATCO. I'm concerned that my application will not be successful because my degree is so irrelevant to a career in aviation, and because I have next to no flying experience. I am, however, committed to this career path! It's just I don't believe the application gives me the opportunity to explain my decision-making.

I was therefore wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how I could make my application stand out so that I can at least meet the HR team face-to-face and explain myself.

I also tried contacting my local airport to arrange a visit to the tower but was refused for security reasons. How can I overcome this if I don't know any ATCOs personally??! The Manager did say whether my application was successful would not revolve around whether I'd visited a tower or not, but I wanted to show my interest and commitment.

I suppose I'm also wondering whether the application form itself matters that much - whether it's merely an opporunity to wipe out those who are obviously not suitable i.e. don't have the qualifications.

Thanks in advance for your advice!