PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 22:26
Username1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellow Ppruner's

I understand the anxiety associated with attending the Ek Interviews and furthermore the strain placed upon the seconds on your watch waiting eager for that call from them after your final interview. I have now been employed in the capacity of cabin crew with Emirates for 3 years and remmember my interview like it were 2 hours ago. There are approx 8000 crew with us online till date (I think thats the correct figure or close to it) and I will have to say a small number of them SHOULDNT have been given the position. There communication skills, team work and personality match those of people who are perhaps ******. On the flip side we have some brilliant crew who represent the ek product very well.

Its not rocket science to prepare a draw with red/white wine bottles, pepsi's and seven up's and ofcourse diet coke. However what I have realised is that people arent talking to passengers, having a laugh with them. The company has realised that its core element of sucess amongst other airlines is the ability its cabin crew have to talk and converse with its customers as opposed to ensuring the Emirates logo coaster is served with the J/D with coke. When you attend your interviews and you can clearly demonstrate from the beggining you have confidence to talk with your colleagues and others and enjoy that. then I think its what they are looking for.... I talk so much BULLS**T to pax's but they love it and carry on with me.

You all know the other bla bla bla requirements (Shoes polished, Hair tied up, clean shaven bla bla), however your personality will always Win you a position with EK. When they are interviewing you, dont attempt to choose these sophisticated words to gain browny points, but talk to them as if they are your passengers. Have fun with them. We at emirates want fun people and HARD workers, not preety sandra or studly Dennis who have the personality of a dead rodent.

I wish you all the best of luck when you attend your Pre interviews with EK and if your not sucessfull DONT DONT DONT get depressed or sick. There are other airlines in the middle east who are always recruiting also. I.E Etihad, Qatar (Hmmm dont know about that one)...

If you guys need more info feel free to message me....

Happy flying for those who Make it.....