PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmalta abinitio sponsorship vacancies
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 18:43
skycaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Flying Aggie pointed out, he is not bonded for 10 yrs .. definately not more than 2 .. and if he likes what he's getting at the end of the day he can stay - realistically moving onto a Dash 8 - which rules out zickler's reasoning as to being stuck with a C212 type rating.

Secondly I think zickler is missing another important point here regarding "greener pastures". We all aspire to be made captains one day - right? If I had to join KM now at 29, my bond would see me finish at 39. I know for sure that those are gonna be a full 10 yrs of F/O time .. KM has way too much F/O's in there struggling up that ladder before me. So say you are lucky and a prospective foreign carrier will hire you as an F/O at 40 (very unlikely!) - guess what??? you're gonna find yourself fighting up that ladder again! Hell .. I know ex-KM captains who have left KM for an F/O position and some of which occupied the highest positions too .. let alone us ..See where I'm getting zick?

So I tend to disagree heavily with you saying that KM is the "lesser evil" of all options available ... again that's only my opinion ... maybe you're still in your early 20's ....

SC

Last edited by skycaptain; 21st Mar 2007 at 18:54.