PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving before your bond is up
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 15:15
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

"Asecretidentity It is exactly because of the crass attitude displayed here by Modderator and X-Centric that you have been bonded in the first place. The likes of these two are not welcome in aviation, they stuff it up for everyone else, somehow they slipped through the net."

Parabellum, you really are a total muppet aren't you? So we're not welcome in aviation because we don't feel that it's right to try to screw your much needed workforce for money when they leave you because you offered them crap salaries & conditions, eh? A very good friend of mine has worked for the same poxy outfit for the past eight years. He's an exceptional operator & an all round 'good egg' so why does he endure less than industry standard conditions? Because he was bonded for his first tp rating with them, bonded for his first jet rating, bonded for his second jet rating & now they're bloody well trying to bond him for a command course!!! Tell me; if they were a good outfit to work for in the first place why would they need to continually bond a pilot to this degree? Bonds are a way of screwing the pilot workforce into the ground. When you join BA you won't be asked to sign a bond. Why not?
OK, while I understand that there is the legal aspect to the bond because one has signed it, but I think that the bond system should be abolished. It is just yet another way of holding pilots in a Company that may or may not be (probably not) decent.
Our Profession has been degraded over the last 20 years or so because we accept this treatment. How about if things were the other way around ie we had the whip handle? Generally we are nice to the management because we are too stupid to realise they will do us down on a whim!
NoJoke, I couldn't agree more, it's halfassed people like parabellum who shouldn't be in this industry with their, "everything is bloody wonderful in aviation," attitude. Look how they've destroyed it over the past decade.