PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 13:30
jetcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

i dont want to burst your bubbles, but Airline job is a totally different environment. Your CIA training will always be a Trained to Pass deal, basically like PALav, but of course it also depends if you crash the airplane during training....knock on whatever.
Anyway, after this you'll surely be evaluated again by the Airline company you'll joining with, in this case CEBUpac. And this time, it will be based on company SOPs in dealing with all sort of emergencies and failures.

If you pass this, you get into the line maybe as a Limited First Officer, if you fail...you can say goodbye to your hard earned investment.
Ask some people from PAL if there were Newly hired Pilots who failed the Initial training. The answer is yes, and you'll be amazed to know that some were even Captains from their former companies.
I suggest you wannabees to look for an Airline pilot out there and ask them for some knowledgeable opinions. Send PMs to some of the post makers around and inquire. And for the guys around, be sincere enough to tell them if you're on an Airline co. or not, your opinions does make a difference, but let it be known that this is not meant to belittle the opinions of My brothers in the Gen Aviation.
Experience and expertise doesn't come from training alone, its all after that...that will keep you alive.

Jc