PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 21st Mar 2007, 13:12
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roughly 50% of self-funded 'frozenATPL' holders are unnacceptable to the airlines.

Before you consider a career in the airlines, you would be well advised to take some aptitude tests such as http://www.gapan.org/careers/aptitude.htm
Interesting statistic & good advise . My big bro 3 years ago failed all the apptitude tests from OAT, CTC, FTE & cabair. GAPAN told him 'sorry son'. Finished his modular training 1 year ago. Now flying for TFLY.

Good luck...
I feel the same; I don't want to spend £50k on training for something I will not be able to do. But at the same time even if GAPAN told me that I was not cut out to be a commercial/airline pilot I would still want to get my training done.

You only get one shot at life and I am not going to stay an office monkey for the next 40 years of my life!!! I am trying to look at the training as a 'hobby' albeit an expensive one at that. People spend thousands of pounds per year playing golf ... I'll do it flying. And if I can land a flying job at the end of it then that's all the better. At the end of the day I still have a professional job to fall back on.