PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 12:33
serpiente

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a vision problem too, although mine is not too bad. I have myopia on bith eyes, my prescription is :
L: -2.00
R: -1.75
....and it is pretty much steady.
I am thinking about having lasik surgery to correct this. Do you think that would be wise?If not, why?
I am in college at the moment and I will start flying in a year, but I would like to correct this before that.
I did my initial JAA class 1 medical in June 2006 , but that ophtalmologist there told me to make sure my vision doesn`t get worse until I am 25 or so, and I was 18 then. Maybe he was trying to say I should make sure my vision doesn`t get worse than -3.00 until a company hires me.
I really thought that that medical last year was the initial and on any medical after that I could have vision errors as far as -8.00, isn`t that true?
I also know that if i have laser eye surgery, I am going to lose my medical certificate for a year, but no bother, I won`t need it for a year , so I thought this would be good time to do something about my vision.
I know this situation isn`t that bad, but I want to be a pilot with perfect vision.
Anybody else wondering the same thing?