PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US training towards UK PPL - advice, please
Old 21st Mar 2007, 11:07
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
total disregard to safety, apparently the kid teaching him to fly, was on his mobile most of the time, along with a long list of other faults, I did ask him to tell all here, & inform the CAA,
I'm not anti American, in fact I have been there many times, however, as all ready stated, being treated like a criminal, upon entry, bearing in mind WE are fighting alongside there forces, so much for the " special relationship" it seems like one way traffic to me, why are British Passport holders barred from the green card lottery ?
Stay at home, learn to fly, where your going to fly
Nothing illegal about being on a mobile phone in a light aeroplane in the USA (or even a heavy jet) so long as you are VFR. I've phoned LA Center myself from the cockpit

Last time I arrived in LA from LHR, I was off the plane, through imigration and collecting my bag in 20 minutes. No accusations, just matter of fact questions: "Why are you here?", "How long are you going to stay?", "enjoy your vacation".

In LA, realistic hotel costs (Long Beach) is $1000 per month. FLights can be bought for £330 easily.

One thing regarding TSA, to SOLO in the USA you WILL need an FAA student permit and be signed off by an FAA instructor. Not sure whether that will mean that you are subject to TSA or not....