PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 10:44
320subria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Kitty blue, a very thorough analysis of the proposed EBA, I intend to get along to one of the roadshows and ask some very important questions which you have raised. The more I read the EBA and the use of language when referring to the responsibilities of management such as 'aim, endeavour, attempt', the clearer it becomes management can pretty much do whatever they like as long as they 'consult' (i.e inform) the FAAA and its because of operational requirements. Also I find it very frustrating how a lot of the myth busters being sent out by our FAAA reps compare the current EBA with the proposed EBA. 'Oh I see if they can already do it under the current EBA then why don't we just make it the next EBA too'. Just because Virgin Blue may be able to make similar decisions under the current EBA doesn't necessarily mean its a good thing, thats all the more reason to make changes to reflect better working conditions. I think the current EBA is appalling and the proposed EBA is worse if thats possible???