PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2007, 00:02
steste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad LGW Assessment

Hi TANYA D et al.

I had my assessment on Monday and it was an interesting experience. I have to admit it's the first airline assessment I've ever been to (having regrettably turned down the chance for Qantas back in October!!) and to say the least it was looooooong (6 hours)!! I didn't make it past the first stage, as did about 95% of the 90 or so people there. It was disappointing as I'd done a load of research into Etihad and life in Abu Dhabi.

It started with an intro to Etihad and the basics about Abu Dhabi by the HR guy from EY. Then we were split into 2 groups to sit a basic English proficiency test (written, multiple choice, piece of cake for native English speakers). Then we were all called in 2 by 2 for a 3 minute question time. Then I was asked a few random questions relating to my experience, why choose a career in cabin crew and where am I from and how would I fit into life in Abu Dhabi.

That was it.

We then all sat for another 3 hours while everyone took their turn. The HR guy then came back and read out 8 numbers (we were all numbered), they stayed, the rest of us were sent on our jolly way!

Bizarre to say the least considering they couldn't really gauge what we were really like, how qualified we were etc but that's the way it's done and I suppose they have an idea of who they want before the day starts.

My best piece of advice would be to take it as it comes and don't lose your enthusiasm. Research each airline you apply for as if it's the only thing that matters, because it will definately give you a head start and the confidence that you know all you can possibly know at that stage about the company you want to work for (that would go for any interview really!).

After all is said and done, it hasn't put me off reapplying in 6 months. I still thing it would be a pretty good experience to work for them. But there are other airlines in the mean time. I would say to anyone reading this: Give it a fair shot and enjoy yourself, don't put your eggs into one basket as the airlines will still be there down the line. Literally spam the airlines you think you want to work for and go for loads of interviews. If you want to be a flight attendent just do it, it doesn't really matter who you do it for, just go out there and get the experience!

Best of luck to you all and thanks a million for everyones posts with all the good advice and inside info. I'll no doubt be back with my tales of day long gruelling assesments! I have NZ, QF and BA to look forward to!

One love and happy flying...

steste

Last edited by steste; 21st Mar 2007 at 00:30.