PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 20th Mar 2007, 22:32
PIGDOG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I'm from Blanch but live in the UK now. I went for a few flights at Weston early on but the weather got in the way most of the time.
Since moving to the UK I decided to 'go for it' and do some serious flying. Prices out of this world. Bit of research later I went to Florida to check out a few schools. I walked into one and there was this bloke sitting there in a Dublin Gaa top. Six months later I was doing my PPL there and I couldn't believe the amount of Irish there. Quite a few of them had some flying hours but it was very punctuated. Flying only every few weeks. Doing a PPL in 3 weeks is the easiest and the hardest way to get a PPL, but it's got to be better than only flying one hour a month at best!

Some time later and I'm hour building in the same place. Again, quite a few Irish with the same story as before.

Have some fun, don't get into too much debt (even if you work for the thieves) and work very hard.

Caithfidh me eitilt, or something like that!!!