PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 20th Mar 2007, 22:18
pilotinthemakin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it all about?

I've been searching and reading loads and loads of threads and reply's on this Forum and i'm in pretty much the same position as quite alot of you.

I'm in the stage of trying to find a good FTO where I can undergo JAA ATPL. Looking through the internet, calling schools and now searching through the forums to find the best place at a rate I can actually afford.

What is it all about? Does it matter what school you go to? If you sit the groundschool else where from your flight training? If you have a type rating when you complete the ATPL? etc etc.. I know it's been mentioned many times before but there is not a dead cert answer.

Before i set off on my voyage to gaining the ATPL i need to be 100% certain that I can get something out of this when i'm not goin to spend all I can get from the bank of £35K. I know alot of people on here have taken risks and I know that's what you need to do to get where you want to be but is it worth the risk? I can only imagine!!

The main thing that is bothering me the most is the fact of which school to go to and if airlines want you to go there. I'm looking into OBA at the moment. What you think/know?

I feel i'm goin round in circles here deciding which school to go with.

Was anyone a bit doubtful about doin there ATPL before they started in terms of the cost and job prospects straight after completiton.

If anyone can offer any help on there experiences that would be great.

Thanks....