PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2007, 18:19
Amin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commander1 be carefull coming to US, we are facing a CFI shortage at the moment and it just started, IT WILL GET WORST,, belive me it will. I'm a flight instructor with 800 tt and I will be gone soon, THANK GOD. Regionals are picking up every pilot with 500 tt and 50 multi. Some of regionals pick you up with an commercial license and multi engine ad on it. Don't want to mention any names here.

If you call the flight school they will say no, there is no problem we have plenty of instructors. I will call it Bu..... ....et. They want your money.

There are several Indian and Chinese students that are on hold at the moment, due to the shortage.

I have several friends at the regional airlines and they said the real hiring will start within few months.

I'm getting offer left, right, center to come work for flight schools as a CFI. A flight school offered me between 30K a year if I sign a one year contract with them. Don't get me wrong, I love flying, but there are better and bigger airplanes out there. AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO FLY ONCE WITHOUT EXPLAINING OR TEACHING A STUDENT PILOT AND MAKING PEANUTS!!!!!

Few flight schools have actually started to change their policy, you are on salary instead of amount of hours you fly with students.

Make sure you do your research before you come over here to US. I spoke with a former Airline Captain few days ago and he said we are going to see the biggest pilot shortage in Aviation history ever.

Good luck, and you could PM me if you need any help!

Last edited by Amin; 20th Mar 2007 at 18:34.