PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2007, 15:07
EBA_Babylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
examples

BUT as a CS you are probably doing between 150-160 hours per month with availables, so the 140x12 isnt quite right anyway. I would say 155x12=1860
Just for clarification I was using the example with denominated availables, as previously mentioned. As did I use the new eba calcs for hours without optional day hours. or standby.Vurrently, If one is pushing the 140 duty limit for the calender month then you are unable to work any further avl hours unless it is nominated.So there is no forced overtime if you have denominated with adequate notice in the month. Maximum hours is 140. It's there to protect.

The example was used to point out that under new rules, sure there's the fatigue management component, however it still states that 140hours can be *required* of you (of course with overtime payable, but at the price of choice) with the training days, optional/day off overtime and propel in addition to these hours. it's a running tally. The current max 140hr is much more appealing to me. Of course I would be okay with the rules to up the hours to possible to work in 28days, but only if crew with the choice of taking the OT or not.

btw, wirgin, I'm still trying to be as educated on this as I can , so any takes on this eba whether it be yes or no is benificial, to myself and others who may be reading.