PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2007, 08:36
EBA_Babylon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roster Hours

wirgin blew-

At the end of the day you will not work more than 130 hours per 28 days which is exactly the same as it is now.
not to be picky, but here's an slice from the new eba:
6.2.1 Roster Hours
Full time flying rosters will be built between 125 and 135 duty credit hours.
6.4.2 Additional Overtime Hours
a.You may be required to perform additional overtime hours beyond 130 hours in a roster. This may be as a result of roster build, delay, disruption, re-assignment, addition to duties, extension to duties, or call-out from standby. These hours do not include non credit training hours and work on designated days off/optional days.
b.As a full time Cabin Crew member we may require you to perform additional overtime hours up to 140 hours in a roster.
a.If you reach 130 hours during a trip or duty, you are required to complete the remainder of that trip or duty.

A roster being 28 days not 30 or 31, of course.

If I choose to do my job without the 10+ hour days, (because lets face it they're a killer- not something you could do on a regular basis, day in day out) spread my hours over the 18 day's, I'd get 10 days off. Fair. do 9h days get 10 days off, 3 optional days.

However, not taking into account any form of leave-

1680 (140x12rosters) is currently the max hours we can do in a year that we have control over (ie denom avails) ,

1820 (140x13rosters)is the hours proposed, but then there's the addition of 5 training days up to 9 hours, bringing it to 1901 hours.

So essentially 1901 hours / 13 is infact 146.23hours is our maximum for the 28 days, in thoery.

Then there is the argument of the ofset of 5 extra days off. So lets give credit of 5x 4h38m (23h10m) thats still leaves roughly 1881 hours in the year, 144.69 hours a month. Almost 15 hours more than the supposed 130hours in 28 days!

The thing is, is that even though *most* of these extra hours are being paid in overtime, you actually don't have a choice but to do the overtime. As a CS I already do to much overtime, it's just not paid for.

Propel at times taking longer than 5 hours, reading and replying to emails, revisions, online training modules like live2air and KOWF, meetings with DM's before/after duty's, reports-catering, flight, hazard,action sheets etc, 15min sign offs that are never within 15 mins.

I personally would like a choice in saying no to over time (not everyone wants it remember) and there's no choice if 6.2.1 applies.

And what of CS duty credit hours fo propel? How does the following statement read?
a.Cabin Supervisor flying rosters and standby rosters will contain duty credit hours for performance monitoring duties which are to be conducted outside of rostered duty hours. Full time Cabin Supervisors will receive 5 duty credit hours. Part time Cabin Supervisors will receive 2.5 duty credit hours. This will be pro rated where pre-approved leave is publishedwithin a roster.
Is the 5 hours duty credit in addition to the possible 135 hours I have been rostered? is my overtime to 140 hours (clause 6.4.2.b) including the 5 hours propel? Could I be doing 140 hours plus 2 days training(2x9 hours not including paxing!) plus 5 hours propel (total 163) plus all the extra time I spend at work to do my job well in 28 days?

Again so many negatives keep me on the no side of the vote, but please, I am open to feedback so anyone please correct me if I'm wrong...