PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Hercules in Emergency Landing
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2007, 01:50
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Righto LL, I'll play that game.

I imagine that the RAAF guys would have responded absolutely appropriately to smoke on board an aircraft and wouldn't have mucked around after having landed in bandit country setting up for a photo op.

I imagine that landing back at the place I'd just left knowing that it was bandit country wouldn't be a nice feeling and that the safety of the VIP would be the one and only priority. I imagine that the SAS would tell any journo or advisor requesting a re-stage for a photo op to get lost in very strong language and that whilst on the ground in bandit country that they are in charge and not the PM.

I imagine that anyone who believes that our ADF would be complicit in such a way to re-stage the evac- particularly the CDF who if you recall was the one to blow the whistle on the children overboard scandal when CAF- is deluding themselves and searching for any reason to bag the government.

I imagine that harbouring such a strong dislike for the PM such that an individual looks at everything he does through that prism must make for a very sad lifestyle.