PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Weather Circuits
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2007, 00:19
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" Exactly what Fuji Abound said!
Not sure why you're clouding the issue here with talk of advanced low level flying over water around Vancouver Island Chuck. Agreed it sounds exciting and fun if properly taught by someone such as yourself, and I can understand how this practice may now be standard for guys like yourself after all these years, however this thread was about bad wx circuits (in the UK) therefore my worry is that the Sunday PPL members at our flying club start cahoonin' around the aerodrome at 3 feet (or whatever it is) until one of them porks it large! "

VFE:
Forgive me for having confused the issue.

I was trying to point out that flying a relatively tight circuit in a light airplane should not pose any difficulty for a licensed pilot.

My use of the PBY as an example was only to explain that none of the attitudes are in any way difficult, unless of course the pilot is not capable of performing a normal 30 degree banked turn.

By the way I do not fly commercially in Canada, the last ten or so years I have been flying out of airports such as North Weald and various airports around Europe.

Anyhow I might have known that for me to suggest that the type of flying I described would be taken to mean I was advocating wreckless and dangerous flying.

So I will bow out of this one and just point out that I was not advocating that PPL's teach themselves any of these proceedures.

I guess the bottom line is we all must know our own limits and not stray outside of them.

So once again forgive me for having the expectation that PPL's should be able to perform normal flight manouvers below circuit height.