PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the A380 wiggles rudder so much on landing
Old 19th Mar 2007, 23:40
bomarc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rainboe, I am a pilot. (and yes, rainboe is toxic...couldn't stand seeing the bottles/cylinders in the cockpit. hated it when some jerkoff used rainboe on a dry windshield.)

granted i am not an A380 pilot. are you?

but I have seen pilots fly jet transports and sometimes they don't move the throttles at the same time (as one)...I see them subconsciously correct with rudder.

Indeed, assymetric use of thrust has been used on many occasions...myself included during X winds. also in rudder hardover emergenices (simulator only of course)...the dc10 at sioux city too.

certainly, if you haven't seen this, perhaps you are not a pilot? but I think you are a pilot. have you ever seen this?

let us not get into a shouting match about who is or isn't a pilot...not unless you have a certain and sure way of proving such. and if you do, please do so.

proving someone is or isn't a pilot is beyond the capability of this forum.

try keeping a p&w jt8d 15 intermixed with jt8d 17 in perfect matched thrust on landing...

and the CVR circuit breaker on a DC9 is at Delta 5. And you can break the circuit breakers by letting loose on your shoulder harness too fast and having it snap back hitting the panel.

there are lots of things you can fake by using a book...but I don't know anyone who has published that.

Last edited by bomarc; 19th Mar 2007 at 23:43. Reason: spelling of "TO vs. TOO"