PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Hercules in Emergency Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 23:37
Swingwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said before:
Clearly the conspiracy theorists out there have absolutely zero idea about anything to do with military operations - either ground or air - as the ignorance displayed in some of the above is quite breathtaking.
Lowerlobe - you've made my point perfectly, thank you.

Since you and your mates were kicked off the Cabin Crew forum you've been all over D&G and made it your business to have an opinion about absolutely everything, even when, as in this case, you quite clearly don't have a clue as to the facts. You are now sitting at your computer on the other side of the world, peddling conspiracy theories, with absolutely zero understanding of military operations - simply because you want to bag the PM.

Your post is riddled with "I imagine" and "don't you think" and "you would have".

How do you have the faintest idea what would or would not have been done? Are you a military pilot? Have you worked with trained CPP operatives? Have you ever been to Iraq? Have you worked in a Minister's office?

I have done all these things, but even I don't really know what happened - because I wasn't there. However, unlike you, my starting proposition is that the professionals involved would not have allowed themselves to be used in a political stunt. They take their jobs far more seriously than that I can assure you.

Also, don't forget that the Chief of the Defence Force was also on the aircraft - you think the guys doing the business weren't thinking about that as well?

You work in Cabin Crew, right? I don't get on here and start banging on about how Sh%*t the CC service on QANTAS is (although god knows I'd love to) but I don't really understand your issues, and so I don't feel it's my place to criticise the way you do your job without having all the facts.

I know this is a rumour network, but perhaps you could see your way clear to extending the military professionals in Iraq the same courtesy?

Just a thought.....