PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 23:05
wirgin blew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say that I am starting to see the light just as smile is. At the end of the day you will not work more than 130 hours per 28 days which is exactly the same as it is now. If you do 10 hour days you will work 13 days and have 15 off. 15 days off x13 rosters is 195 days off a year and they only want you to come in on 5 of them for training. Currently those 15 days off would consist of 5 available days which you had to sit around at home waiting to be called or denominate which alot of people didnt understand how that worked.
So if you do 10 hour days you will be getting an extra 75 days off that you get to choose whether you work as optional or you get to sit on the beach.
--
Next the 3% pay rise is slightly less than CPI but we are being given an extra 2% as long as the company makes profit. Nothing else required. We dont even have to sell anything for it. So if the company goes well as it is doing at the moment we get 5%. We also get the commissions which I know you all say isnt much but its at least another 1-2% of base for doing our jobs.
If your a CS put your propel in and you get another 1% taking you folks up to 7-8% increase for doing your job.
--
The PBS is the best thing that is being offered for us. Once it is in and working we will have something that will get us more of what we want. You will be basically writing your own roster 80-90% of the time. If you have a bad roster the next 2 have to be great with the satisfaction system. I trust that Bec and Jack got honest answers from WestJet Crew who do the same job as us. I know there are some doubts about VB and computer software but BlueCheck and WebCheck are working great the majority of the time so I hope that the PBS will as well.
--
I know you think I have turned and we can get a better deal but at least we know what is on offer here. If we turn this down anything could happen. Even under the existing EBA we are asking for it. The roster optimiser can give us all 140 duty hours per month and they will just use relief crew to fill the gaps at the end of the month when we run out of hours. We can be rostered 12 hour days with a paxing sector, with unlimited sectors. We can be given min rest on every overnight. Do you want me to go on.