PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Pilot Shortage is coming!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 22:50
mmmbop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiley,

Maybe without realising it, you have only reinforced my point.

My analogy was just that. Judging by some of the posts a few on here have to learn to 'Read Between The Lines' - nothing to do with Chuck Yaeger's, nor alluding to the old days of having to be gifted hand-eye to be a good pilot. Just chose sport 'cause it was the first thing that came to mind - probably because of the World Cup being on! It was just the simplest and 1st analogy that came to mind

I might well have chosen somebody who has completed a Law degree. Or a Commerce degree. Or a Medical Science degree. Does completing the degree mean they are going to be employed by Mallesons, Minter Ellison or the RNSH???!! No it doesn't.

Not a ridiculous selection process at Qantas. Just a selection process. They want a certain type of person so the tests are geared for that person. Just like CX. Just like EK. Just like BA. Just like AA. etc etc etc. You don't get through you go somewhere else. Not everybody is suited to what QF wants. BUT IT IS THEIR CHOICE. Just like Mallesons. Just like the RNSH. They choose who they want, that fills what they determine to be the requirements.

Wiley, with the future like you have described, this is only going to leave more and more people scratching their heads as to why they didn't get in. Yep, they can stick and rudder a light twin really well. But they don't have any management skills whatever and have no idea of processing a big picture. Guess what - u ain't gettin' a job with a major.

M