PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Hercules in Emergency Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 21:38
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not so sure Swingwing…

One: There is no argument that there was smoke and that they had good reason to land ASAP.

Two: Irrespective of the time needed to stop the props if you had a VIP such as the PM of YOUR country then as you descended you would have arranged for an area to be secured for disembarkation.

I imagine one of the main concerns would be anti aircraft fire of different sorts during the approach as well as the source of the smoke.

However, once you have landed you would not wait any longer than you had to before you got the PM off the aircraft, which is a nice target. I imagine that you would have the PM in a location in the aircraft so that he and his protective group would be able to get off the aircraft first and into a safer environment not the cameraman.

Why then were the media able to get off first and film?

If the media were filming it would attract attention don’t you think and that’s the last thing they would want. If there was a risk why did they allow the media to jump off first and film it?

If then it was safe enough for the media to stand around and film why was the PM being rushed?

If there was no threat from the aircraft why wasn’t there a vehicle for him to get into right at the ramp?

No doubt at all that there was a problem and they had to take action but sorry Swingwing but this looks like someone has decided to take advantage of this for PR.