PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Flying Pay change
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 21:37
Ron Fenest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This particular problem would affect me if I was to stay in any longer than I am. Luckily I have gone past the magic "22" and just marking time until the right job opportunity comes along (or I get off my backside and look for it).

This is probably the right thread to highlight another pay anomaly that AAC aircrew have to put up with while the other services laugh at us.

I am happy to be corrected if I have misunderstood the following:

PES(A)
Army NCO aircrew can not progress beyond level 22 on the PES(A) payscales.
RAF WO Loadies can progress to level 29. (this is a BIG difference in pay and pension)

This is not a dig at Loadies. In fact, it's a big up to the people looking after the loadies by making sure they can move further up the scale.

Just so I get this clear. A WO1 with 3-4000 flying hours, on extended service, currently flying AH/LUH on ops, having passed the same course as his RAF/RN/RM brethren can not get paid as much as a rearcrewman having done exactly as much service, albeit the AAC chap did it from the lowlier position of the "front seat".

Have I got this wrong ? If not, then why is this the case ?

While it's not the same issue I feel that it is the "little" things in life like this that matter, especially as the AAC appear more and more to be the military aviation worlds whipping boys.

Someone mentioned forming something called JHC? what a great idea. With something like CHC being an alternative.